The Azure Platform Engineer will join our fast-growing team to provide outstanding Azure-based services to our customers for Keyfactor’s cloud-based solutions. This critical role will work closely with our Azure architects, software developers, and operations personnel to build, maintain, and constantly improve our highly resilient cloud-hosted environments for our customers.
Keyfactor solutions are available for our customers to be deployed on-premise as well as cloud hosted. This role will serve as a primary expert for Keyfactor’s PKI as a Service (PKIaaS) cloud-hosted offering. The Azure Platform Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day cloud operations as well as managing upgrades and implementations of the latest version of the Keyfactor solution including documentation, coordination, training, etc.
The position is based in our Independence, OH office and cannot be performed remotely. Applicant must hold U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident status.
- Work daily in Microsoft Azure to build, maintain, and improve our cloud-hosted customer environments
- Ensure we exceed all SLA commitments
- Develop deep knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Keyfactor software
- Leverage your knowledge of Azure and PowerShell to automate common tasks
- Identify new ways to improve our service and lead the implementation of your ideas
- Serve as an escalation point for our support and operations team for complex or critical issues
- Learn from your teammates and share your knowledge with the team
Ultimately success in this role will be measured in exceeding committed uptime guarantees.
- Strong Azure infrastructure skills – VMs, NSG, Backup, Load Balancing, Security, etc. (4 years or more experience and Azure certification preferred)
- Strong Windows Server background (8 years or more preferred)
- Strong PowerShell skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in documentation and training
- Effective time management, project management and prioritization skills
- Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Preferred: Fundamental knowledge of public key infrastructure terminology and practices
At Keyfactor, we are looking to build teams that continually strive to make things better for our customers and make each other better. You will be challenged daily and given opportunities to grow yourself and your career. We balance autonomy and structure to create an entrepreneurial environment to spur creativity and encourage ownership of customer outcomes. Our goal is to develop the most desired individuals in the workplace, but create a culture that people choose to stay.
Our core values are extremely important to how we run our business and what we look for in every team member:
- Trust is paramount – We deliver security software and solutions where trust is of the highest importance for our customers. We are honest and a trusted partner in every aspect of business.
- Customers are core – We strategize, operate, and execute through a customer-centric view. We prioritize the security interests of our customers, and we act as if their data were our own.
- Innovation never stops, it only accelerates – The speed of change is accelerating. We are committed, through investment and focus, to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
- We deliver with agility – We thrive in high-paced and continually changing environments. We navigate through newly added variables, adjust accordingly, while driving towards our strategic goals.
- Teams make “it” happen – Vision and goals are not individually achievable – they require teamwork. We pride ourselves in operating as a cohesive team, creating promoters and partners, and winning as one.
In addition to a great work environment and strong culture, benefits include fully paid medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k match after first month of employment that vests immediately, and unlimited PTO.
Keyfactor has its roots in the trenches of IT security, deployment and operations. We understand how companies work because of our deep industry experience—we know firsthand the challenges of competing agendas, budget constraints and time pressures.
From Internet of Things (IoT) device manufacturers to organizations needing to protect devices across the entire enterprise, we strive to listen, understand, and respond with care and intention to the needs of each customer. Our solutions support Global 2000 companies around the world across the industries where trust and reliability matter most.
Founded in 2001, Keyfactor is a market leader in comprehensive digital security management. Our solutions portfolio includes secure digital identity solutions that govern the entire digital identity lifecycle – from initial design of a single device all the way through the management of millions of device identities. We have high standards of innovation, care deeply about the solutions we create, and design them to maintain integrity over the long run.
In 2018 we changed our name from Certified Security Solutions (CSS) to Keyfactor. The new name reflects our understanding that secure digital identities are the key factor in creating highly trusted environments and carries our passion for, and commitment to, creating the industry’s finest secure digital identity solutions.
Keyfactor is a proud equal opportunity employer.