Title: Software Engineer
Department: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology and Services
Location: Cleveland, OH
Travel Requirements: N/A
The Software Engineer position is the core role within the Software Development Group. Members of this role are responsible for creation and maintenance of the majority of Keyfactor’s product code bases. The goals of this role include:
- Proficiency with the architecture of Keyfactor products
- Knowledge growth of Public Key Infrastructure as it relates to Keyfactor products
- Foster collaboration within the Software Development Group
- Preparation for advancement, if desired, to the Senior Software Engineer position
- ASP.NET MVC (Web site & API)
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- Microsoft Visual Studio™
- Microsoft DevOps Server
- Agile SCRUM
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
The Keyfactor Software Development Group prides itself on a willingness to hire recent graduates that may not have exposure to the exact technologies we currently employ. We do, however, expect a demonstrable familiarity with software development programming practices. In addition, some of the intangibles we look for are:
- Willingness to learn
- Inquisitiveness in technology
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Software Development – Involves creation of new features as well as maintenance and refactoring of existing features within the product codebases
- Quality assurance testing – Ensuring proper functionality of product features by: Manual testing, Unit tests, Integration tests
- Basic architecture participation – Participate in design meetings to learn and provide input
- Participation in Agile ceremonies – Participate in Sprint Planning, Reviews, Retrospectives, and daily scrums
- Team collaboration – Work closely with other team members to devise solutions to code and architectural challenges
- Onboarding and mentoring – Participate in the onboarding and mentoring process of new employees and interns
- Code reviews – Submit and participate in code reviews in order to ensure standards, and improve the overall team technical aptitude
At Keyfactor, we are looking to build teams that continually strive to make things better for our customers and make each other better. You will be challenged daily and given opportunities to grow yourself and your career. We balance autonomy and structure to create an entrepreneurial environment to spur creativity and encourage ownership of customer outcomes. Our goal is to develop the most desired individuals in the workplace, but create a culture that people choose to stay.
Our core values are extremely important to how we run our business and what we look for in every team member:
- Trust is paramount – We deliver security software and solutions where trust is of the highest importance for our customers. We are honest and a trusted partner in every aspect of business.
- Customers are core – We strategize, operate, and execute through a customer-centric view. We prioritize the security interests of our customers, and we act as if their data were our own.
- Innovation never stops, it only accelerates – The speed of change is accelerating. We are committed, through investment and focus, to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
- We deliver with agility – We thrive in high-paced and continually changing environments. We navigate through newly added variables, adjust accordingly, while driving towards our strategic goals.
- Teams make “it” happen – Vision and goals are not individually achievable – they require teamwork. We pride ourselves in operating as a cohesive team, creating promoters and partners, and winning as one.
In addition to a great work environment and strong culture, benefits include fully paid medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k match after first month of employment that vests immediately, and unlimited PTO.
Keyfactor is the leader in cloud-first PKI as-a-Service and crypto-agility solutions. Our Crypto-Agility Platform empowers security teams to seamlessly orchestrate every key and certificate across the entire enterprise.
We help our customers apply cryptography in the right way from modern, multi-cloud enterprises to complex IoT supply chains. With decades of cybersecurity experience, Keyfactor is trusted by more than 500 enterprises across the globe.
For more information, visit www.keyfactor.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Built on a foundation of trust and security, Keyfactor is a proud equal opportunity employer, supporter and advocate of growing a trusted, secure, diverse and inclusive workplace.