Are you looking for a challenging career opportunity within an exciting high-growth industry? Keyfactor is a market leader in comprehensive digital security management. Our solutions portfolio includes secure digital identity solutions that govern the entire digital identity lifecycle across the enterprise and connected-device ecosystem – from initial design of a single device all the way through the management of millions of device identities.
Keyfactor has an opening for a full-time technical writer to author and maintain various documents related to our Keyfactor product suite and related delivery processes.
The position will involve creation of product documentation, knowledge base articles for consumption by customers; solution guides for solution architects delivering the Keyfactor platform; technical integration guides for developers integrating the Keyfactor platform to enterprise and IOT systems; and lab manuals and training materials for Keyfactor delivery partners.
The candidate will work closely with Keyfactor technical staff to obtain the raw content and convert that content into quality documentation appropriate for publication to customers and partners.
Ideally, the candidate will have experience in writing documentation for software developers and will be familiar with documenting APIs and code samples.
The applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or have U.S. permanent resident status.
- Understand Keyfactor products and work with product designers and developers to determine documentation needs.
- Work closely with Keyfactor technical staff to obtain raw content for documentation and to provide feedback to make products easier to use and document.
- Organize and write supporting documents for the delivery (installation and configuration) of products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase reader’s understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media; adhere to branding standards
- Gather usability feedback from customers, delivery and support staff, and partners
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Be flexible and effectively manage time and tasks in a dynamic and rapidly growing company.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Technical Writing within the software industry
- Expert level technical writing and editing skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience in generating courseware and lab manuals
- Experience with screen capture programs and a deep understanding of screen editing and importing into other programs such as Flare, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Fundamental proficiency with industry-standard operating systems and business application suites
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills
- The ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- The ability to learn and understand the products being documented
- The ability to work alongside a technical person and turn a “brain dump” into usable documentation
- Effective time management, project management and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with Public-Key Infrastructure (PKI) and digital certificates is a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Keyfactor helps clients mitigate risk and protect information assets through the practical application of security solutions. Each and every solution we deliver brings with it measurable and long-lasting business value and return on investment. Keyfactor helps organizations all over the world implement and maintain information security measures that not only limit risk, but heighten the quality of products, services, and solutions they provide their customers. Keyfactor realizes the importance security has on brand perception, customer acquisition and retention – and takes every step to ensure your secure infrastructure is always a competitive advantage, never a vulnerability.
Keyfactor, Inc., is a proud equal opportunity employer.