Encrypt your data to protect valuable assets
File encryption allows you to encrypt a file or folder’s contents so that it can only be accessed by authorized users and helps protect your information and privacy.
Security issues with unencrypted data
Files left unencrypted can expose sensitive information if accessed via unauthorized methods or if exposed via email in transit or at rest. File encryption should be based on well-managed trusted digital certificates in order to be sustainable while avoiding undesired outcomes, including getting locked out of key files due to the inability to decrypt them.
How can CSS enable secure Data Encryption practices?
- Issue certificates to users on Windows, Windows phone, iOS, Mac, Android, and Linux devices
- Deliver certificates with on-device key generation (ODKG) and support non-repudiation
- Centralize reporting and alerting on impending client certificate expiration
- Centrally monitor PKI operations across multiple Certificate Authorities, both public and private
- Implement demonstrable and fully auditable security operations
How PKI and digital certificates efficiently enable data encryption
- File encryption can be done in numerous ways, including dedicated third party solutions in your infrastructure and operations
- File encryption solutions that leverage digital certificates and keys require that the PKI they are based on be well-managed and not left in end users’ hands to sustain
CSS solutions to enable data encryption
- Establish your own PKI to issue your own scalable and flexible, low-cost trusted digital certificates
- Efficiently manage millions of certificates to ensure your systems are accessible 24/7
- Let the experts at CSS manage your trusted PKI environment for you