Data Security Policy & Governance
Ensuring compliance by securing digital identities and data
A data security policy provides organizations with a framework to operate its business and protect customers without interruption or damage from bad actors.
Depending on the nature of the compliance requirements in your industry, some policies may be more complex than others. An organization may also implement stricter policies than what’s required by outside forces, depending on its tolerance for risk.
Whether you’re a healthcare provider protecting the confidentiality of patient data, a merchant processing, storing or transmitting credit cards, or a financial services institution protecting millions of dollars, the need to prevent outages and breaches are key to ensuring digital security that could result in irreparable damage to your enterprise.
A data security policy is only effective when every gap is covered, and every certificate is secure. Securing digital identities across the enterprise serves as a basis for enabling the strong authentication, encryption and signing used to strengthen IT operating policies and procedures.
Meeting data security policy and governance requirements is a familiar struggle
Issues and problems that provide obstacles to a successful implementation often include:
- Critical systems and sensitive data protected with plain-text passwords
- Decrypted sensitive data remaining on multiple devices or in public locations
- Limitations within some devices restricting the ability to enforce policy
- Systems set up by individual users or groups residing “off-grid” making monitoring and enforcing for policy adherence difficult
- A regulatory environment that shifts with increasingly strict requirements
- New technologies having unforeseen security risks
- Application code that is either not signed or signed in a manner that is untrusted
How Keyfactor can enable your data security policy and governance
Keyfactor solutions help our customers easily, effectively and efficiently enforce policies by
- Centralizing certificates used for code-signing and aligning them with your security policy
- Managing CAs, certificates and Java KeyStores on your network
- Granting or limiting access to critical systems for both personal and corporate-owned devices
- Limiting access to email, attachmentsand applications to authorized users from authorized devices
- Enabling S/MIME on email communication within critical groups or projects
- Allowing Mac computers to use auto-enrollment for non-exportable certificates and keys
- Generating private keys on devices
Make compliance and governance easier to achieve
Secure digital identities across the enterprise
Keyfactor Command simplifies the identification, cataloging, monitoring, issuance and revocation of digital certificates across multiple platforms throughout the certificate lifecycle. Our proven technology is used by hundreds of customers, but is uniquely designed and implemented to address the specific certificate environment and requirements of your organization.
Reducing complexity, driving results
Certificate management is complex with lots of moving parts and administration that needs to be managed. As more devices come onto your network and more apps are rolled out, the need for your PKI to scale, enforce encryption, authenticate and manage overall security grows every day. Securing digital identities across devices, apps and people can help you meet compliance requirements and simplify the tough task of ongoing governance.
With Keyfactor Command, you’ll get the freedom you need to do more for your business:
Freedom to Secure Everything
Cover every identity in your enterprise without worrying about breaking the budget. Our inclusive pricing frees you up to maintain best practices for every element that comes in contact with your organization – exactly the way it should be.
Freedom to Get What You Need
Our open platform structure means no re-engineering existing applications. We’ve spent years understanding device identity workflows and requirements to ensure our platform is ready to integrate and extend with your existing application suite.
Freedom to Transform
Cloud-first strategies are driving new and faster evolutions of Development and Operations. Robust DevSecOps tools give you what you need to stay ahead of the curve and transform quickly, efficiently and securely.
Keyfactor Command is the world’s most complete and scalable cloud-based certificate management platform. Get all the benefits of owning PKI without the risks.
Data security policy and governance solutions for your industry