Title: Agile Coach
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Job Function: Engineering
Employment Type: Permanent
Industry: Computer & Network Security
About the position
The Agile Coach is a key role in the organisation responsible for leading, coaching and helping management, engineering, and product teams to self-organise, self-manage, continuously learn and improve.
The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden and has limited remote work option. Applicants must be hold a valid Right to Work in Sweden.
- Provides leadership, consults and solves process related dysfunctions effectively
- Installs, introduces and continuously monitors agile metrics to ensure compliance by Scrum Masters
- Takes responsibility of managing multiple product teams in serving them as scrum master, mentor and coach.
- Works closely with product and engineering organization to efficiently deliver better products consistently.
- Serves as an active Change Agent and effectively implements and drives Change in organization
- Uses facilitation techniques effectively (e.g. Liberating Structures, World Café, Brainstorming, etc)
- Deals with complexity at ease and mentors the team in maneuvering through it
- Ensures accountability, commitment and predictability through the installed agile metrics
- Ensures continuous learning, innovation and sustainable improvement of agility within the organization
- Drives campaigns to familiarize everyone in the organization towards the agile way of working regularly
- Offers coaching to stakeholders and other support teams to improve agility
- Seeks feedback regularly from all relevant stakeholders and ensures action
- Provides expert guidance on appropriate agile frameworks (at least Scrum, Kanban and Lean)
- Understands the challenges of upper management and can mitigate risks at org level
- Monitors, designs and continuously optimizes processes at both team level and inter team level
- Works closely with Agile Coach(es), Scrum Masters, and the management in empowering the agile organization to perform
- Conducts training in agile best practices, leads CoPs and other initiatives at cross team level
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in working with product teams and modern product ecosystems
- Experienced in Scrum and at least one another agile framework such as Kanban
- Demonstrable experience in product organizations. Should have significant experience of working as a Scrum Master and as an Agile Coach
- Skills in facilitation, time management, conflict resolution, strong communication and profound knowledge in Scrum
- Advanced skills in coaching teams, facilitation techniques, stakeholder management, data driven decision making, helping teams to improve performance through coaching and working with scaled teams
- Certification as a Scrum Master or certifications in any of the other Agile frameworks and/or soft skills is a plus
- Experience in cybersecurity products and PKI industry is not a must but is a plus
- Strong spoken and written skills in English and fluency in the native language (Swedish) is a plus
- A successfully completed university degree or comparable education/experience in either Computer Science, Management or relevant subject is desired
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Culture, Career Opportunities and Benefits
We build teams that continually strive to get better than the day before. You will be challenged daily and given opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We balance autonomy and structure to create an entrepreneurial environment to spur creativity and new ideas. A few initiatives that make our culture special include:
- Comprehensive benefit coverage
- Dedicated employee focused ambassadors via Key Contributor & Culture Committee
- DIVERSE Commitment
- Global Volunteer Day
- Flexible time off
- Regular Cross Functional meetings
- Regular Leadership Development meetings
- Regular All Hands meetings – followed by group gatherings
- Second Friday’s (a company-wide day off on the second Friday of every month)
- The Keyfactor Alliance Program
- Weekly Feedback Snapshot
Our Core Values
Our core values are extremely important to how we run our business and what we look for in every team member:
Trust is paramount.
We deliver security software and solutions where trust and openness are of the highest importance for our customers. We are honest and a trusted partner in every aspect of business.
Customers are core.
We strategize, operate, and execute through a customer-centric view. We prioritize the security interests of our customers, and we act as if their data were our own.
Innovation never stops, it only accelerates.
The speed of change is accelerating. We are committed, through investment and focus, to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
We deliver with agility.
We thrive in high-paced and continually changing environments. We navigate through newly added variables, adjust accordingly, while driving towards our strategic goals.
United by respect.
Respect for all is what unites us. We promote diversity, inclusivity, equity, and acting with empathy and openness, both in our business and in our communities.
Teams make “it” happen.
Vision and goals are not individually achievable – they require teamwork. We pride ourselves in operating as a cohesive team, creating promoters and partners, and winning as one.
Keyfactor is a proud equal opportunity employer.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: Applicants with disabilities may contact a member of Keyfactor’s People team via [email protected] and/or telephone at 1.216.785.2990 to request and arrange for accommodations at any time.