Title: Backend Developer
Experience: Mid Level
Job Function: Software Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Computer And Network Security
About the position
Keyfactor is one of the world's leading companies for Machine Identity, Certificate Lifecycle Management and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Solutions. We’re expanding rapidly and growing in terms of both revenue, number of customers and personnel. The company helps security teams manage cryptography as critical infrastructure by simplifying PKI, automating certificate lifecycle management, and enabling crypto-agility at scale. In 2019, Keyfactor decided to widen its investment and acquired Redtrust, a Spanish company pioneer in the management of people’s identity through the custody and management of digital certificates. Redtrust has a strong reputation for providing top-notch products and services in Spain and Brazil.
The Backend Developer position is the core role within the Software Development Group. Members of this role are responsible for creating and maintaining the majority of Keyfactor’s product code bases. The goals of this role include:
- Proficiency with the architecture of Keyfactor and Redtrust products.
- Knowledge growth of Public Key Infrastructure and certificate management as it relates to Keyfactor and Redtrust products.
- Foster collaboration within the Software Development Group.
- Backend Software Development – Involves creation of new features as well as maintenance and refactoring of existing features within the product codebases.
- Basic architecture participation – Participate in design meetings to learn and provide input.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies – Active participation in Sprint Planning, reviews, retrospectives, and daily meetings.
- Team collaboration – Work closely with other team members to devise solutions to code and architecture challenges.
- Onboarding and mentoring – Participate in the onboarding and mentoring process of new employees and interns.
- Code reviews – Submit and participate in code reviews to ensure standards and improve the overall team’s technical aptitude.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong professional experience in software development as a team member.
- Organized and detail-oriented person with a passion for providing the team and the product with great quality of work.
- Solid knowledge in backend programming languages, .NET Core and .NET Framework.
- SQL Server and Entity Framework.
- Experience building and/or consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with version control systems (GIT).
- Experience in containerization.
- Working following Agile development methodologies (SCRUM).
- Great coding skills.
- Fluent in English Language, verbal and written.
- Experience with Mac OS and/or Linux development.
- Experience in C++ development.
- SQL knowledge to work with big volume of data and optimization of queries and processes.
- Unit Testing development.
- Secure programming skills.
- Experience with PKI.
- A University Engineering Degree in IT / SW Engineering / Computer Science / or other relevant subject is a plus!
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Culture, Career Opportunities and Benefits
We build teams that continually strive to get better than the day before. You will be challenged daily and given opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We balance autonomy and structure to create an entrepreneurial environment to spur creativity and new ideas. A few initiatives that make our culture special include:
- Comprehensive benefit coverage
- Dedicated employee focused ambassadors via Key Contributor & Culture Committee
- DIVERSE Commitment
- Global Volunteer Day
- Flexible time off
- Monthly Cross Functional meetings
- Monthly Leadership Development meetings
- Monthly All Hands meetings – followed by group gatherings
- Second Friday’s (a company-wide day off on the second Friday of every month)
- The Keyfactor Alliance Program
- Weekly Feedback Snapshot
Our Core Values
Our core values are extremely important to how we run our business and what we look for in every team member:
Trust is paramount – We deliver security software and solutions where trust and openness are of the highest importance for our customers. We are honest and a trusted partner in every aspect of business.
Customers are core – We strategize, operate, and execute through a customer-centric view. We prioritize the security interests of our customers, and we act as if their data were our own.
Innovation never stops, it only accelerates – The speed of change is accelerating. We are committed, through investment and focus, to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
We deliver with agility – We thrive in high-paced and continually changing environments. We navigate through newly added variables, adjust accordingly, while driving towards our strategic goals.
United by respect – Respect for all is what unites us. We promote diversity, inclusivity, equity, and acting with empathy and openness, both in our business and in our communities.
Teams make “it” happen – Vision and goals are not individually achievable – they require teamwork. We pride ourselves in operating as a cohesive team, creating promoters and partners, and winning as one.
Keyfactor is a proud equal opportunity employer.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: Applicants with disabilities may contact a member of Keyfactor’s People team via [email protected] and/or telephone at 1.216.785.2990 to request and arrange for accommodations at any time.