Director of EngineeringApply
Title: Director of Engineering
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Job Function: Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Computer & Network Security
About the position
Do you want to be part of a truly pioneering and world leading product company, which has a vibrant, engaged, and international culture, then Keyfactor is the place for you! We are looking for someone who wants to work with a fantastic constellation of highly talented people, modern products and “world famous” customers. As one of the undisputed global leading companies in IT Security, in the realm of Public Key Infrastructure and digital signing solutions, we are expanding our business and need outstanding people to support our continued growth journey.
Keyfactor is looking for an inspiring and experienced Director of Software Engineering to join our growing Engineering department at our offices in Stockholm. You will be leading one or many agile software development teams and be responsible for the development of one of our products. You will work closely with the Product Manager / Product Owner and the Product Architect to drive the product forward and to reach department goals. You will also work in close co-operation with other managers, scrum masters and agile coaches in the organization. You will lead our people processes (1:1s, feedback, development talks, goal setting, educational needs) making sure to both keep and evolve our talented engineers. You will also act as a mentor for your team members and assist them with their professional development and career planning. You will also manage our recruitment process, making sure we hire the best people and create the best teams.
The position is based in Stockholm office and follows a hybrid work model with excellent flexible working practices. Applicants must hold a valid Right to Work in Sweden.
- Be a people leader by empowering, developing, motivating, and nurturing the talent of your team of engineers.
- Ensure all business requirements are fully supported through recruiting, onboarding, and managing training needs of your team within the budgetary, time and quality constraints.
- Be an active ambassador for the Keyfactor’s culture and values.
- Identify resource and competence needs and put plans in place to fill any skills gap.
- Regularly provide constructive feedback to the individuals and identify potential areas for improvement.
- Collect feedback and act upon the feedback in the interest of organizational growth.
- Ensure collaborative and mutually enriching environment for the teams to continuously improve and continuously learn.
- Ensure high performance through empowerment and creating psychologically safe environments.
- Coordinate with product managers / product owners to reach product goals through complete alignment with teams to deliver with high quality continuously.
- Cooperate, drive and lead the change initiatives within or across teams for effective implementation.
- Coordinate, communicate and orchestrate with all relevant stakeholders of the product to enable seamless product deliveries and to advise the product teams on architecture, delivery pipelines, defect analysis, tech debts and maintaining best coding practices.
- Help product teams create balanced release plans, roadmaps, quarterly goals that align with the engineering goals sufficiently.
- Contribute to defining goals and objectives for the organization and take ownership of implementing and reaching those together with the team(s).
- Provide and promote visibility and transparency to team progress in close cooperation with other managers and stakeholders within Keyfactor.
- Actively participate in goal setting activities, take data-driven decisions while executing them and own the responsibility to reach the goals.
- Encourage an open, transparent and feedback driven environment where the team members can thrive, freely express and learn from each other and work towards continuously improving our ways of working.
- Providing technical leadership with a deep understanding of the products and projects, and making informed decisions aligned with the company's goals and strategy.
- Ensure that deliveries provided by the team(s) are of good quality and with the appropriate level of documentation.
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
- Actively participate in the engineering leadership team, and both lead and assist initiatives in the group optimizing team efficiency and scalability.
- Continue to build on the great culture of dedication, collaboration, and caring for each other.
Skills and Qualifications
- Significant Engineering leadership experience in an Engineering Manager role or similar leading and managing a team of engineers, setting clear goals and expectations.
- Demonstrated experience of leading and growing multiple product development teams.
- A deep understanding and experience of agile development principles, servant leadership and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Strong ability to attract, retain, and develop top engineering talent, with a focus on fostering a culture of collaboration, mentorship, and continuous improvement.
- You are motivated by people's growth, the end goal and to really deliver business value efficiently.
- Experience working in distributed and multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust rapidly to change and to new challenging situations.
- Experience in conflict handling and solving dependencies.
- Strong positive ” Can-do-attitude”, fearless, proactive and take own initiative.
- Enthusiastic team player that motivates people to bring their best self to work.
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams to align goals with the company's overall priorities and deliver value to the business.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to build relationships.
- Solid experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Worked in a fast growing company with high levels of ambiguity and flat hierarchy structures.
- The ability to provide constructive feedback, problem-solving and analytical skills, not to mention collaboration.
- Technical background as a developer yourself, before moving into architectural and/or organizational leadership.
- A general understand of secure software development.
- Experience of development in object-oriented languages such as Java.
- Experience of Jira, Confluence, GIT/Gitlab or similar tools.
- Understanding of QA methods and processes.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with Linux and understanding of container solutions (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Swedish language skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Culture, Career Opportunities and Benefits
We build teams that continually strive to get better than the day before. You will be challenged daily and given opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We balance autonomy and structure to create an entrepreneurial environment to spur creativity and new ideas. A few initiatives that make our culture special include:
- Comprehensive benefit coverage
- Dedicated employee focused ambassadors via Key Contributor & Culture Committee
- DIVERSE Commitment
- Global Volunteer Day
- Flexible time off
- Monthly Cross Functional meetings
- Monthly Leadership Development meetings
- Monthly All Hands meetings – followed by group gatherings
- Second Friday’s (a company-wide day off on the second Friday of every month)
- The Keyfactor Alliance Program
- Weekly Feedback Snapshot
Our Core Values
Our core values are extremely important to how we run our business and what we look for in every team member:
Trust is paramount.
We deliver security software and solutions where trust and openness are of the highest importance for our customers. We are honest and a trusted partner in every aspect of business.
Customers are core.
We strategize, operate, and execute through a customer-centric view. We prioritize the security interests of our customers, and we act as if their data were our own.
Innovation never stops, it only accelerates.
The speed of change is accelerating. We are committed, through investment and focus, to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
We deliver with agility.
We thrive in high-paced and continually changing environments. We navigate through newly added variables, adjust accordingly, while driving towards our strategic goals.
United by respect.
Respect for all is what unites us. We promote diversity, inclusivity, equity, and acting with empathy and openness, both in our business and in our communities.
Teams make “it” happen.
Vision and goals are not individually achievable – they require teamwork. We pride ourselves in operating as a cohesive team, creating promoters and partners, and winning as one.
Keyfactor is a proud equal opportunity employer.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: Applicants with disabilities may contact a member of Keyfactor’s People team via [email protected] and/or telephone at 1.216.785.2990 to request and arrange for accommodations at any time.