Both the definition and delivery of healthcare is evolving at an exponential rate. A swift convergence of medical advances, emerging technologies, consumer choices, and expectations is accelerating change. No longer confined by the walls and location of a hospital, your teams are caring for patients both face-to-face and from afar. This expanding and virtual healthcare drives better patient outcomes – from fewer office visits, to active device monitoring, to 24/7 access to patient data in real-time. But fast-paced innovation also propels the potential for security vulnerabilities, requiring healthcare delivery organizations like yours to work across the ecosystem – with medical device manufacturers, electronic health record providers, regulatory agencies, and payors to implement unified strategies that address today’s threats and tomorrow’s risks.
The steady evolution of medical technology intends to improve the healthcare experience for patients, families and practitioners alike. However, the lack of a strong security posture contributes to the healthcare industry having the highest per-record data breach cost among all regulated industries. Combined with the need to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (HIPAA and FDA) and best practices (HIMSS and AHIMA), healthcare organizations leveraging the latest medical technology and IoT have no choice but to ensure that they are secure. Not only is a malicious hack or data breach costly, lacking security for personally identifiable information (PII), safety and personal health information (PHI) puts lives in danger.
Today’s primary security threats include:
- HIPAA data breaches
- Device hacking
- Fake websites selling counterfeit drugs or devices
- Ransomware and denial of service attacks
- Social media
- Mobile workforces
- Cloud data and applications
- Data and confidential information amassed and shared by networks, vendors and payors
Your environment is filled with identities made up of people, applications and devices. Whether you’re in a large urban hospital or small rural satellite office, every identity matters – and must be digitally secure at all times. Digital certificates ensure the integrity of data and device exchanges through encryption and authentication, asserting with high assurance that transmitted messages are genuine. So whether you need to cover 10 or 10 million identities, the Keyfactor platform is scalable and flexible to meet your specific needs.
When you’re securing healthcare, there’s no room for compromise. Keyfactor Command provides complete end-to-end lifecycle management for every certificate in your environment:
- Automates real-time discovery, monitoring, issuing and replacement of millions of certificates and keys originating inside or outside of your organization
- Authenticates providers, patients, and applications with trusted certificates, encrypts vital data, and leverages the latest emerging technologies to stay compliant and current
- Blocks untrusted access
- Meets compliance requirements for HIPAA and other regulatory mandates
To be future-ready you must incorporate “cloud first” strategies. Keyfactor Command’s robust DevSecOps tools give you what you need to stay ahead of the curve to transform quickly, efficiently and securely with security industry best practices tailored to your digital medical operations.
- Secure everything – unlimited usage, no cert counting, no up-charges
- Firmware signing & secure boot workflow
- Dedicated PKI environment – customer-devoted root CA, with no shared infrastructure
- Maintain control of your Root CA keys and PKI recovery materials
- Open platform – no re-engineering required for existing applications
- Collaboration of applications & security from the start (DevSecOps)
- High availability built into a SOC 2 Type 2 documented environment
- Cloud-hosted with the option for On-Premise deployment
- Time-tested SLAs with guaranteed response times
- Superior customer success, proven by 97% customer retention and an industry-leading customer-satisfaction score
Keyfactor Command covers all certificates and keys issued inside or outside your organization, giving you the freedom to secure everything at-scale and with cost certainty.
Automated lifecycle management of every certificate in your environment, including publicly trusted certificates and certificates from other issuing authorities.
The ability to secure everything – unlimited usage, no counting, no up-charges.
Maintain complete control over the use of your Root CA keys and PKI recovery materials
A customer-devoted root CA, with no shared infrastructure.
High availability and redundancy built into a SOC 2 Type 2 documented environment.
Service-level agreements with clearly stated, guaranteed response times.
Comprehensive and thorough insight into the operational nature of digital certificates – foundational to a financial enterprise security strategy.
24/7/365 PKI management and oversight by Keyfactor’s world-class team of experts constantly ensuring operational health.