“Public key infrastructure (PKI) and digital certificates are hard to manage. Organizations are also expanding the use case of PKI within IoT and DevOps pipelines.”
PKI is critical to enterprise security, yet most organizations struggle to get it right. It’s not rocket science, but it does take the right expertise and depth in resources to keep it up and running securely – especially as use cases continue to grow.
PKI has emerged as a core technology to secure everything from cloud workloads to mobile and IoT devices, yet most organizations still rely on an age-old PKI deployment that just isn’t equipped for the volume and velocity of certificates issued today,
Keyfactor Command makes it easy for security teams to deploy or migrate from their legacy PKI to a fully managed, highly scalable PKI as-a-Service platform in the cloud.
Running PKI in-house can be a complex and costly undertaking.
- Limited Skills & Resources: PKI skillsets are hard to find, and even harder to keep. Even if you do have the resources in house, shifting IT staff and priorities often leave PKI shorthanded.
- Hidden Infrastructure Costs: Unlike other solutions in your IT stack, PKI requires far more than just software – from HSMs to CA and revocation infrastructure, the costs can add up quickly.
- Security & Policy Gaps: Keeping your PKI running at expected assurance levels is hard. Once you start issuing certificates, it’s all too easy to take shortcuts that create risks and degrade trust and policy compliance over time.
Get expanded insight into the three goals of PKI deployments, and how an automated approach optimizes PKI management throughout the enterprise and across IoT devices. Learn more in this White Paper.
A new, cloud-first approach to PKI.
Keyfactor Command lets you manage and fully automate the lifecycle of certificates issued from your private hosted PKI and your public CAs using a single cloud-based solution.
- Secure Root of Trust: We create your PKI root, you retain control of the keys. The root CA is kept offline and co-located in highly secure facilities protected by multiple layers of physical and logical access controls.
- Cloud-Hosted PKI: We maintain your HSM-protected issuing CAs and revocation infrastructure in a highly available, dedicated cloud environment.
- 24/7 Secure Operations: Our team of PKI experts handle the day-to-day maintenance of your backend PKI infrastructure – from software and server updates to CA and CRL renewals.
- Certificate Lifecycle Automation: Deploy and orchestrate certificates issued from your cloud-hosted PKI, internal and public CAs using a single web-based console.
The Power of PKI as-a-Service
With Keyfactor Command, you’re able to increase the productivity of your teams while reducing the risks and costs of managing PKI in house. That means less time spent on backend PKI maintenance and more focus on deploying certificates to secure new initiatives.
Reduce infrastructure spend and operational costs by up to 40% compared to traditional in-house PKI.
Improve security posture with a trusted, privately-rooted PKI run to industry best practice.
Free up IT
Cut time and frustration spent on PKI-related tasks such as CA and CRL maintenance.
Gain complete visibility of all certificates and automate issuance, renewal and revocation to prevent outages.
Keep in Control
Retain control of PKI root key access and recovery materials to ensure compliance and avoid vendor lock-in.
Scale Up Easily
Integrate your PKI with devices and applications using REST APIs, plug-in integrations, and standard enrollment protocols.
Simplify PKI Operations with Keyfactor
Keyfactor Command is a certificate lifecycle management and automation solution that can be deployed on-prem, as a service, or combined with our cloud-hosted private PKI (known as PKI as-a-Service).
However you choose to deploy, you’ll be able to quickly discover and manage existing certificates in your environment, then scale up PKI operations as business needs grow.